[Numpy-discussion] FWIW: "regressions" of dependees of nukmpy 1.7.0b1

Yaroslav Halchenko lists@onerussian....
Wed Sep 5 16:57:39 CDT 2012

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> It is an intentional change:
>   https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/b7cc20ad#L5R77
> but the benefits aren't necessarily *that* compelling, so it could
> certainly be revisited if there are unforeseen downsides. (Mostly it
> means that intermediate view objects can be deallocated when not
> otherwise referenced.) Is it somehow causing a problem for you?

not really -- just fails our unittests which relied upon
> introspection on .base is just a bad idea to start with, but...
public interface and previous assumptions ;)

since this chaining is actually not  of importance for that test (we
just cared to not deal with a copy of the actual load), I will tune it
up so it would work under any numpy's handling here (chain or not to

Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik