[Numpy-discussion] dynamically choosing atlas libraries

David Verelst david.verelst@gmail....
Sat Apr 6 17:06:11 CDT 2013

Not a developer here, but I was under the impression that you can only use
the BLAS/LAPACK libraries that where chosen at build time?

As a side note: I've read [1] that OpenBLAS on some systems could perform
quite well compared to ATLAS, I used some simple benchmarks [2] and noticed
that on my system (Intel Core2 Duo P9700) there was also a big performance
gain. I build standard LAPACK against OpenBLAS. OpenBlas has been mentioned
a few times in the last months on this list too.