[Numpy-discussion] Scheduling the 1.7.1 and 1.8 releases

Sebastian Berg sebastian@sipsolutions....
Thu Apr 11 05:32:06 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 11:43 -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,

> The development branch has been accumulating stuff since last summer,
> I suggest we look to get it out in May, branching at the end of this
> month.

maybe it is a bit early, but I was wondering. What are the things that
should be done before branching? Most of the blockers should be
resolved? I think the largest of that are maybe the deprecations (but
since 1.7.0 is not too long ago many of them maybe don't need touching).
Aside from that, I think these are lurking/in-progress:

Fix the piled up mapping.c things:
    * This means resolving https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/436 .
      It will be even worse now, but maybe at least most of it can
      be put in without too much work?
    * After that, non-integer deprecations should be done fully before
      1.8. I think, but these need to change mapping.c too (the
      most work is probably the tests...):
        - https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2891
        - https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2825
    * (https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2701)
Are the 2to3 fixers supposed to be finished for 1.8? If yes there is
probably no point in thinking about branching, etc. since back porting
them all is just pain.