[Numpy-discussion] ANN: numexpr 2.1 RC1

Francesc Alted faltet@gmail....
Sun Apr 14 15:32:01 CDT 2013

  Announcing Numexpr 2.1RC1

Numexpr is a fast numerical expression evaluator for NumPy.  With it,
expressions that operate on arrays (like "3*a+4*b") are accelerated
and use less memory than doing the same calculation in Python.

It wears multi-threaded capabilities, as well as support for Intel's
VML library, which allows for squeezing the last drop of performance
out of your multi-core processors.

What's new

This version adds compatibility for Python 3.  A bunch of thanks to
Antonio Valentino for his excellent work on this.I apologize for taking
so long in releasing his contributions.

In case you want to know more in detail what has changed in this
version, see:

or have a look at RELEASE_NOTES.txt in the tarball.

Where I can find Numexpr?

The project is hosted at Google code in:

This is a release candidate 1, so it will not be available on the PyPi
repository.  I'll post it there when the final version will be released.

Share your experience

Let us know of any bugs, suggestions, gripes, kudos, etc. you may

Francesc Alted