[Numpy-discussion] Problems building from source

Raul Cota raul@virtualmaterials....
Mon Aug 5 15:00:16 CDT 2013

I had not updated my code for a few months. I updated today to the
latest source and I cannot build anymore,
(Windows, Python 2.6)

When I do,
python setup.py build

I get,

Running from numpy source directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 192, in <module>
   File "setup.py", line 169, in setup_package
     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
"C:\Users\Raul\Documents\GitHub\numpy\numpy\distutils\__init__.py", line
37, in <module>
     from numpy.testing import Tester
"C:\Users\Raul\Documents\GitHub\numpy\numpy\testing\__init__.py", line 13
, in <module>
     from .utils import *
   File "C:\Users\Raul\Documents\GitHub\numpy\numpy\testing\utils.py",
line 13, i
n <module>
     from numpy.core import float32, empty, arange
   File "C:\Users\Raul\Documents\GitHub\numpy\numpy\core\__init__.py",
line 6, in
     from . import multiarray
ImportError: cannot import name multiarray

I can see

changed the imports to be 'relative' based from when it used to work.

Any hints or reference to a related discussion ? All I found was pr 3178
"2to3 apply import fixer"