[Numpy-discussion] Do I Still Have to Edit intelcompiler.py For ICC?

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker@noaa....
Wed Aug 14 16:31:05 CDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:

>> with the Intel compilers, I have to supply --compiler and --fcompiler. Is
>> there any way to just do this in site config?

>  Maybe pip has a way to supply that info but I've never
> bothered to look for it - python setup.py .... works just as well.

It look slike you can pass distuitls commands through pip:

--install-option <options>

Extra arguments to be supplied to the setup.py install command (use
like –install-option=”–install-scripts=/usr/local/bin”). Use multiple
–install-option options to pass multiple options to setup.py install.
If you are using an option with a directory path, be sure to use
absolute path.

There is also a way to specify default arguments for pip install, so
that it woudl get used every time.

-HTH, Chris

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax