[Numpy-discussion] Upcoming 1.8 release.

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Aug 17 12:43:02 CDT 2013

15.08.2013 19:52, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Blake Griffith
> <blake.a.griffith@gmail.com
>> wrote: I would like to have the ufunc overrides in 1.8 if it is
>> possible.
> What is the status of that? I've been leaving that commit up the
> Pauli.

I think the PR itself is getting quite complete and does what the spec

However, I think the fact that the change comes this late in the
release cycle is sort of a problem. There has not been very much time
to test it out "in the wild", so we don't know for sure if we'd like
still to tweak something in the API.

So I'd either suggest merging the PR labelling this as an experimental
API in the docs, or if you think this is still too hasty, leave it for
1.9. The Numpy C code changes themselves are quite simple and
localized, so it seems unlikely that they could cause any breakage.

Getting it in now would have the advantage that we could also manage
to squeeze in the corresponding user-side part inside scipy.sparse for
Scipy 0.13.0.

- --
Pauli Virtanen
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)