[Numpy-discussion] Deprecation of financial routines

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001@gmail....
Mon Aug 19 01:37:59 CDT 2013

As now master is open for 1.9, following the discussion opened here

it was suggested that we deprecate and eventually remove the financial
functions in NumPy, because they pollute the main namespace and some are
unimplemented. We could put them in a separate package, in case it
doesn't exist yet. Nathaniel Smith and Ralf Gommers already gave +1, and
Charles Harris suggested bringing this up in the mailing list.