[Numpy-discussion] 1.8.0 branch reminder

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Mon Aug 26 10:01:07 CDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a reminder that 1.8.0 will be branched tonight. I've put up a big STY:
>> PR <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/3635> that removes trailing
>> whitespace and fixes spacing after commas. I would like to apply before the
>> branch, but it may cause merge difficulties down the line. I'd like
>> feedback on that option.
> I've also run autopep8 on the code and it does a nice job of cleaning up
> things. It gets a little lost in deeply nested lists, but there aren't too
> many of those. By default it doesn't fix spaces about operator (it seems).
> I can apply that also if there is interest in doing so.

Depends on how many lines of code it touches. For scipy we decided not to
do this, because it would make "git blame" pretty much useless.