[Numpy-discussion] How to upload to pypi

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Feb 12 04:40:18 CST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have uploaded the NumPy 1.7.0 source distribution to pypi:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.7.0
> I did it by uploading the file PKG-INFO from numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz. It
> said "Error processing form. Form Failure; reset form submission"
> about 3x times,
> but on the 4th try it went through. I reported the issue here:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3604194&group_id=66150&atid=513504
> I then attached the numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz and numpy-1.7.0.zip source files.
> Now I am having trouble attaching the windows installers, just like
> they are here:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.6.2
> but whenever I upload the file
> numpy-1.7.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe (and set it as "MS Windows
> installer"),
> it uploads and then I get a blank page with the text:
> """
> Error processing form
> invalid distribution file
> """

PyPI does some validation on the files that are uploaded. .exe files
must be created by bdist_wininst.

I am guessing that the superpack installer is manually built through
another mechanism.

> That's it.... Not very useful. Do you know if the sources of pypi are
> somewhere online? (I didn't find them, only a similar package
> https://github.com/schmir/pypiserver, but that doesn't seem to be it.)

You can get help with PyPI on Catalog-SIG:

Robert Kern