[Numpy-discussion] Conversion functions

Schönberger Johannes hannesschoenberger@gmail....
Tue Jan 1 08:50:13 CST 2013

Hello everyone,

I recently opened a new pull request which adds the functionality to
convert between degrees and degrees, minutes and seconds

The discussion is about whether such conversion functionality should
be integrated into numpy at all or whether this belongs to scipy. I
suggest to move the most common conversion functions (deg2rad,
rad2deg, deg2dms, dms2deg and some more could be added) to a separate
file `conversion.py` file in `numpy/lib`.

I could implement this in a new pull request, if the general consensus
is in favor of it? What are your thoughts?

Regards, Johannes