[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy 1.6.2 for Python 3.3 on Windows

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock@googlemail....
Thu Jan 10 10:09:53 CST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM, klo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I run `python3 setup.py config` and then
>   python3 setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
> but it picks that I have MSVC 10 and complains about manifests.
> Why, or even better, how to compile with available MinGW compilers?

I reported this issue/bug to the mailing list recently as part of
a discussion with Ralf which lead to various fixes being made
to get NumPy to compile with either mingw32 or MSCV 10.

My workaround is to change the default compiler for Python 3,
by creating C:\Python33\Lib\distutils\distutils.cfg containing: