[Numpy-discussion] request for SWIG numpy.i users

Tom Krauss thomas.p.krauss@gmail....
Sat Jun 8 21:33:28 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

I just downloaded Bill's numpy.i
commit 4dcb0679, and tried it out a bit on some of my personal projects.
 It worked fine, although I use only a fraction of the capabilities that it

 And, it made the warning go away!

I used to get this warning

g++ -g -fPIC -c simple_wrap.cpp -I/usr/include/python2.7
In file included from
                 from simple_wrap.cpp:3062:
warning: #warning "Using deprecated NumPy API, disable it by #defining

but not with this version.

You can see which version of numpy I am using there, and that I am on Mac
OS X 10.8. (10.8.4 specifically)  Python 2.7.2

I'd say SHIP IT!

Nice work, thanks for all your work on numpy and numpy.i.

- Tom Krauss