[Numpy-discussion] OpenOpt Suite release 0.45

Dmitrey tmp50@ukr....
Sat Mar 16 13:19:26 CDT 2013

--- Исходное сообщение ---
От кого: "Robert Kern" <robert.kern@gmail.com>
Дата: 16 марта 2013, 19:54:51

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Matthieu Brucher
<  matthieu.brucher@gmail.com  > wrote:
> Even if they have different hashes, they can be stored in the same
> underlying list before they are retrieved. Then, an actual comparison is
> done to check if the given key (i.e. object instance, not hash) is the same
> as one of the stored keys.

Right. And the rule is that if two objects compare equal, then they
must also hash equal. Unfortunately, it looks like `oofun` objects do
not obey this property. oofun.__eq__() seems to return a Constraint
rather than a bool, so oofun objects should simply not be used as
dictionary keys.

It is one of several base features FuncDesigner is build on and is used
extremely often and wide; then whole FuncDesigner would work incorrectly
while it is used intensively and solves many problems better than its

That's quite possibly the source of the bug. Or at
least, that's a bug that needs to get fixed first before attempting to
debug anything else or attribute bugs to Python or numpy. Also, the
lack of a bool-returning __eq__() will prevent proper sorting, which
also seems to be used in the code snippet that Dmitrey showed.

as I have already mentioned, I ensured via debugger that my __eq__,
__le__ etc are not involved from the buggy place of the code, only
__hash__ is involved from there.

Robert Kern