[SciPy-dev] sun compiler ver_match

pearu at scipy.org pearu at scipy.org
Wed Apr 10 01:11:14 CDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, eric wrote:

> Hey Pearu,
> You applied some patches for the Sun compiler from Berthold Höllmann a couple of
> weeks ago.  The new version match string doesn't pick up the sun compiler I have
> access to.  I don't have an email for Berthold.  I'd like to see if the
> following will work for his machine.
> ver_match =  r'f90: (?P<version>[^\s*,]*)'
> The output string on my compiler is:
> [123] eaj2 at teer3% f90 -V -dryrun
> f90: SC4.0 11 Sep 1995 FORTRAN 90 1.1
> Usage: f90 [ options ] files.  Use 'f90 -flags' for details
> I don't want to make the change until I know if it is a general solution.

Here is what Berthold sent me:
>f90 -V
f90: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 Fortran 95 6.2 2001/05/15
Usage: f90 [ options ] files.  Use 'f90 -flags' for details

which has no libf90. The according library is named libfsu.
but he has not verified yet that my changes were working or not.

Do we need to define two different Sun compilers in build_flib.py because
of library issues?