[SciPy-dev] Open Office

Mark Evans lists at UltimateG.com
Thu Aug 1 06:27:16 CDT 2002

Hello SciPy,

Regarding the new plotting work I'd like to point out that similar
projects are underway at OpenOffice.org.

There may be room to leverage labor and talent on both sides.  If
nothing else, their design documents may be worth reading.
OpenOffice uses a component model called UDO and there is a Python
wrapper for it.

Forgive me for speaking out of school as it were.  I have not followed
SciPy and in fact am a newcomer.  It's been a while since I was
deep into Python, but the site is encouraging.