cleaning a build (was Re: [SciPy-dev] Stupid question.)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at
Wed Feb 20 12:45:15 CST 2002

    >> Hmm.  Actually isnt it better to do:
    >> cd <scipy_cvs_dir> ./ clean ./ build
    >> instead of rm -rf on build?  I'm not sure about this.

    FP> Ah! I didn't know about the clean command. My knowledge of
    FP> distutils is very spotty. Thanks for the tip, I'm sure your
    FP> way is saner.

Well, actually clean currently does not remove everything inside
build/.  Some of the pyf files wont go away.  Only the temp.* dir is
cleaned.  The lib.* and generated_pyfs remain.  I dont know if this is
a bug or feature.