linalg2 is back (Re: [SciPy-dev] Re: Linalg2)

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at
Mon Mar 25 15:59:05 CST 2002

On Monday 25 March 2002 01:41 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I have fixed the confusion with linalg2 now. I have tested it to work
> both when building it as a submodule of scipy and as a standalone
> package.
> But what I don't understand, is why
> is not showing generic_flapack.pyf file (it appears only in Attic
> directory).
> Nevertheless, I can checkout this file from two different machines as a
> normal file. I'll take that this is either a viewcvs issue or a feature
> of cvs. And I am sure that someone will notice if there will be problems
> with checking out this file.. ;)

I'm getting the following error on build (with a brand-new checked out
version of SciPy).

exceptions.ImportError: No module named _flinalg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 128, in ?
  File "", line 94, in install_package
    config.extend([get_package_config(x,parent_package)for x in
  File "", line 46, in get_package_config
    config = mod.configuration(parent)
  File "linalg2/", line 21, in configuration
    from linalg2.interface_gen import generate_interface
  File "/home/travis/SciPy/scipy/linalg2/", line 31, in ?
    exec 'import %s as _mod' % (_mod_name)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/travis/SciPy/scipy/linalg2/", line 11, in ?
    import calc_lwork
ImportError: No module named calc_lwork