linalg2 is back (Re: [SciPy-dev] Re: Linalg2)

pearu at pearu at
Mon Mar 25 16:58:50 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 pearu at wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> > I have a semi-hack which works.
> >
> > I just put a try-except around import (the setup doesn't need in
> > the file for linalg2.
> >
> > This seems to work.
> >
> > Finally, it looks like my installation is working again.  Thanks for your
> > help,
> Hold on a bit before commiting, I think I have a non-hack solution:
> In get_package_config there is a hack that inserts/removes a path
> in order to import setup_*. I'll try to get the same result without this
> hack by using temporarily-changing-directory technique...

Ok, I have a somewhat nicer fix now: (also for completeness) must contain

import interface_gen
generate_interface = interface_gen.generate_interface

and all these try-except hacks are unnecessary.
Travis, can you verify that?