[SciPy-dev] assert_approx_equal in testing.py [Was: Testing stats.py] [with attachment]

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 16:08:05 CST 2002

--- Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:
> > Travis
> >
> > 1. check_kurtosis changed
> > 2. check_2d error
> >
> Thanks for the help.  I'm including these tests in the CVS
> tree, today.
> But, I first have to correct errors I'm getting with them...
Oops, I think this may be my fault. Their is a problem in the
unittesting functions. The attached def assert_approx_equal()
belongs in \scipy_base\testing.py to replace the version that
was there previously.  The previous version does not handle 0 or
negative numbers well (I say that as the person who wrote the
original version.  Note, this version of the function has not
been tested in any systematic way.)

lluang at northwestern.edu  http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~kll560
Y!M, AOL, jabber.com: lluang  GPG Key:0xF3E2D362
Whatsoever things are true, ... honest, ... just, ... pure, ... lovely, ... of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. - motto - Northwestern University

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now