[SciPy-dev] undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sun Sep 1 11:52:05 CDT 2002

On 1 Sep 2002, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> I saw some postings back in april related to getting a message similar
> to the following:
> exceptions.ImportError:
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so: undefined
> symbol: clapack_sgesv
> This, despite the fact that clapack_sgesv is defined.  Has there been
> any progress solving this bug?  I compiles scipy (including ATLAS) on a
> RH machine using gcc3.2.

What is the output of
  python scipy_distutils/system_info.py
What SciPy version are you using?

The error that you get is related to Eric's findings in

However, with the latest SciPy from CVS this issue should be resolved
automatically. If you are using it already then please submit full bug
report (see at the end of scipy/INSTALL.txt for details).