[SciPy-dev] movement of testing.py to scipy_distutils

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Sep 16 12:53:16 CDT 2002

Does anyone have any objections to moving testing.py from scipy_base to
scipy_distutils?  It would make distribution of weave and other
potential modules have one less dependency package.  Besides the blitz()
stuff, weave doesn't rely on anything in scipy_base.  And, other than
scipy_base it doesn't have any extension module dependencies.  I like to
keep it that way.

Hmmm.  I guess testing.py could become its own package (or stand alone
module) like scipy_base and scipy_distutils also.  I think it actually
was at one point...?

Anyway, opinions and suggestions welcome.  I'd like to get a version of
the weave stuff packaged up and ready for people to test (although docs
are still not updated) by the end of the day.