[SciPy-dev] Building on Sun

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Mar 10 19:06:08 CST 2003

>>Hey guys,
>>I just got this strange error when building on Sun.
>>gcc -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
>>-I/usr/local/include/python2.2 -I/home/eric/sunos/include/python2.2 -c
>>/home/eric/wrk2/scipy/Lib/xplt/src/play/unix/fpuset.c -o
>>/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccyR5El8.s", line 60: error: unknown opcode
>>/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccyR5El8.s", line 60: error: statement
>>error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
>>Anyone have a clue about this???

>When using -DFPU_SOLARIS in the command line above, compilation is

The config code in setup_xplt is supposed to find this.  It could be
related to the fact that python setup_xplt.py config is not being run
from setup.py right now, like I thought it should be.   You could try
going to the xplt directory and running python setup_xplt.py config (you
should only have to do this once for the same hardware) before
installing scipy.