[SciPy-dev] Re: [SciPy-user] MatrixMarket I/O Functions for scipy

Nils Wagner wagner.nils at vdi.de
Fri Nov 28 02:03:56 CST 2003

Hi Nils,
On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 1:37 pm, Nils Wagner wrote:
> Afaik, there exists only a Fortran routine for this purpose.
>  http://math.nist.gov/~KRemington/mmio/mmiof77.html
	Since the source code is available, it is (fairly) trivial to
wrap the
f77 code using f2py and g77. This will allow you to call said
from within python (+scipy).
	May I recommend you read the f2py tutorial? It is to be found
	Best luck
Hi Jose,
A google search on Python MatrixMarket yields
It should not be stand-alone solution for myself.
I guess, many users will benefit from the feature
(I/O of matrices in MatrixMarket or Harwell-Boeing format), if
it becomes a part of scipy.
Any suggestion ?
BTW, the Harwell-Boeing seems to be supported by scipy
How can I invoke this function in scipy ?
A small example is appreciated.
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group
FAX; +44 870 132 2990			Department of Electronic
					University of Sheffield UK