[SciPy-dev] Correcting documentation on the site?
prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Apr 28 13:42:19 CDT 2004
>>>>> "EJ" == eric jones <eric at enthought.com> writes:
EJ> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>> Eric, the Py::new_reference_to(...) is no longer valid. The
>> interface for handling non-blitzed Numeric arrays has also
>> changed. The existing weave docs use it and so do the current
>> examples. I believe this has all changed quite a bit. Any
>> chance you can update the weave docs? If that is not possible
EJ> I can't get to this right now. But, we will get it cleaned up
EJ> as soon as possible. Thanks for the pointers on things that
EJ> need to be fixed.
Here is a slightly longer list of things in that case. I'm sure you
know better than me but just in case you forget here is a list. :)
0. These links in the TOC are broken:
1. The Py:: namespace is gone and anything related to that needs to
be updated appropriately. From what I can tell SCXX is used by
default now which changes the docs all over the place.
2. Py::new_reference_to is also gone and its not clear what one
should do to return a float/int or even a user defined type.
3. Using non-blitz arrays is not documented. From what I can see
this is what the user needs to know:
a = Numeric.ones(10, 'd')
# Inlined C
int* Na = a_array->dimensions; // a.shape
int* Sa = a_array->strides; // strides
int Da = a_array->nd; // number of dimensions
double* a (double*) u_array->data; // the actual data.
4. The type_factories keyword arg to inline is gone it is now called
type_converters. The keyword list probably needs to be checked as
well. The section on "Customizing Conversions" mentions that the
default converters are in ext_tools.py. They are actually in
5. VTK and swig2 support need to be documented. I would not mind
writing these sections when I get some time. I'll let you know
when this does happen.
6. Examples and possibly tests need to be updated.
More information about the Scipy-dev