[SciPy-dev] Accessible SciPy (ASP) project

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 1 11:12:20 CST 2004

    PP> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, eric jones wrote:
    PP> Btw, I have found that learning ReST is no way simpler than
    PP> learning LaTeX. ReST is still in flux while LaTeX has been
    PP> stable for decades. And setting up infrastructure for LaTeX is
    PP> not that difficult.  Google:"latex windows" gives lots of
    PP> helpful step-by-step instructions.

I've heard a lot about MiKTeX.  For the non-Emacs users this looks
good for LaTeX editing.

The MediaWiki folks also appear to use some form of LaTeX markup for
their equations and their math pages look pretty good.

When it comes to doing math right, I don't think LaTeX has any
competitors in the picture.  Besides, LaTeX scales really nicely too,
so its easy to write a large book with it.