[SciPy-dev] Scipy for Numarray
charles.harris at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Sep 22 10:57:02 CDT 2004
I've been thinking about getting started on a version of scipy for
numarray. It's going to be a big job, so I have questions to put to the
1. How should it be set up in cvs? There is currently a scipy module to
be checked out, should we have a numarray_scipy module at the same
2. Where should it install? To avoid name conflicts, I think it might be
reasonable to install it, or its components, in the numarray packages
3. There is stuff like Pycrust and ipython that is not directly related
to scipy, should it be taken over also, or perhaps broken out into a
scipy addons module.
4. There is a lot of infrastructure for the installation and testing of
scipy. I am not very familiar with that, so how does it need to be
modified to install a numarray version of scipy.
5. How can we keep both versions updated?
More information about the Scipy-dev