[SciPy-dev] Pre-release fixes

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 30 20:01:20 CDT 2004

I've just checked in a fix for fastumath's logical functions. They used
to give wrong answers on OSX and caused some tests to fail. I believe
this to be an endianness issue, but I don't have another big-endian
machine to test on. All tests still pass on Athlon/Linux.

The changes made largely track what Numeric did, so I'm not sure if
these were conscious deviations to speed up fastumath or just a failure
to keep up with the bugfixes in Numeric.

I have only implemented fastumath_unsigned.inc as yet. I will make
similar changes in fastumath_nounsigned.inc as I accumulate tuits.

Travis, could you check my changes to make sure I didn't revert
differences you deliberately made? If they were deliberate, then we need
to figure a way to revert to the correct, if slower, Numeric
implementations on the Mac.

Also, if anyone is using SciPy on a Sun or other big-endian machine, I
would appreciate the output of scipy.test() with and without the patch.

Thank you, everyone.

Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter