[SciPy-dev] Roadmap for scipy

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 17 15:13:29 CDT 2005

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Dear Scipy-developers,
> The activity with respect to scipy-cvs is considerably lower than that
> of other projects e.g. matplotlib
> (at least for the last 4 months).
> Is there any road map for further development of scipy right now ?

Not an official one, I don't think. Personally, some day I'm going to
get around to implementing the Mersenne Twister PRNG for Scipy. I have
an implementation of Particle Swarm Optimization that needs some
polishing, and I am working on a Differential Evolution code. Ideas for
the units system I outlined a while ago keeps nagging me, but I don't
know if I will ever get around to it.

There is always the Accessible Scipy roadmap, but it needs volunteers.

Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter