[SciPy-dev] Final release of Numeric is actually 24.1

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 4 06:04:49 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
>Nils Wagner wrote:
>>Hi Travis,
>>I cannot confirm that all tests pass (at least when ATLAS is n o t
>Perhaps you could help us track these problems down.  I think you are
>familiar enough with the system to at least localise the problem, and
>write a simple script that shows the failure.  That's what I would have
>to do to fix it.
> From there you could investigate further and determine what is causing
>the error.
>Thanks for any help,
>Scipy-dev mailing list
>Scipy-dev at scipy.net

Hi Travis,

BTW, what is the difference between

A = asarray(A) and A=mat(asarray(A)) ?

In matfuncs.py

def logm(A,disp=1):
    """Matrix logarithm, inverse of expm."""
    # Compute using general funm but then use better error estimator and
    #   make one step in improving estimate using a rotation matrix.
    A = mat(asarray(A))

All other matrix functions use A=asarray(A).