[SciPy-dev] Re: [Numpy-discussion] Release of SciPy Core 0.4 (Beta)

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Sun Oct 2 17:42:00 CDT 2005

Gerard Vermeulen wrote:

>I have found two problems:
>(1) scipy_core-0.4.1 does not compile on this system without ATLAS,
>    because there are missing files:

This should be fixed (with a better solution forthcoming).

>(2) when building scipy_core from SVN the header files do not get installed.
>    The install section from my RPM SPEC file reads:
Now, I'm not sure what is meant here.  They install evry time for me,
but currently not to the main Python include directory.

I'm not sure I like having the headers not installed to the Python
include directory.   It will be harder for people to use scipy_core as a
replacement to Numeric if they have to re-write their setup.py scripts
to find the headers.   The Python include directory is included by

Is it as easy for people to just use the setup from scipy.disutils?