[SciPy-dev] Cannot build scipy_core (newcore) on Solaris 8

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 18:00:55 CDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

> The config.h file is attached.
Sorry I didn't get back to you, earlier.

Add the following line to your config.h file

If that doesn't work, then  you may want to add

as well (one at a time).

Place this config.h file in the build directory where you got it from
(you might also copy it to the installation directory --- or check to
make sure one isn't there already).   These headers are installed to

so look there to make sure you don't have something already (if you do
delete it).

Also, remove any scipy subdirectory under the place where your python
includes are

Mine are in /usr/include/python2.4  so I would execute  rm

We don't want to be pulling out the wrong config file.

If we can get a good config.h file for your platform, then we see about
how to make it generated automatically.