[SciPy-dev] missing Lib/__init__.py in newscipy?

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 18 12:42:06 CDT 2005

When I tried to test newscipy from svn, I got a segfault:

from scipy import *
Importing io to scipy
Importing special to scipy
Segmentation fault

which I think is caused by an absent Lib/__init__.py file. Lib/old__init__.py
does exist, which I renamed. The resulting build gave me the following error
when I tried to import scipy, although it didn't segfault:

from scipy import *
exceptions.ImportError                               Traceback (most recent
call last)

     10 from scipy_version import scipy_version as __version__
     11 from scipy.base import *
---> 12 from helpmod import *
     14 _pkg_func_docs = ""

ImportError: No module named helpmod

Maybe, since I am new to the svn repository, I stumbled upon a file that
accidentally got deleted from the branch? Just a guess.