[SciPy-dev] alternate .flags interface

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Mon Oct 31 08:22:04 CST 2005

I'm wondering if the current flags interface couldn't be made a bit
easier to use to allow mapping of dictionary keys in to attributes. For

instead of arr.flags["CONTIGUOUS"]

If using a dictionary is considered useful (e.g., for getting the whole
state, it is still possible to allow arr.flags to return a dictionary
derived object that can be used wherever dictionaries are accepted, and
likewise, assigning to arr.flags should be able to take a dictionary of
flags. Any reason we can't support this interface?