[SciPy-dev] Re: [Numpy-discussion] scipy core now builds from svn

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 16 10:45:00 CDT 2005

LUK ShunTim wrote:

 >> I got this time out error when I tried, several times.  :-(
 >> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/scipy_core/!svn/vcc/default'
 >> svn: REPORT of '/svn/scipy_core/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read status
 >> line: Connection timed out (http://svn.scipy.org)
 >> Please see if this is an server configuration issue.

No, it's an issue with your setup, not something on scipy's side.

You are behind a proxy blocking REPORT requests.  See this for details:

which says:

What does 'REPORT request failed' mean?

When I try to check out a subversion repository

   > svn co http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project

I get an error like:

svn: REPORT request failed on '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request

You are behind a web proxy that is not passing the WebDAV methods that
subversion uses. You can work around the problem by using SSL to hide what
you're doing from the proxy: