[SciPy-dev] Hello, patch submmited, user to log in trac

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:03:23 CDT 2006

Antonio Arauzo Azofra wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I just started using Scipy some weeks ago, and I have found it very useful.
> I have seen you are reviewing stats. I have tried some statistical tests
> i am used to, and I found a bug in friedmanchisquare at stats.py.
> A patch is subbmitted to fix the bug in trac. It is obvious the old code
> had a bug because variable "data" was not used after calculating it. I
> have tested the fixed function with data from tests done elsewhere and
> it works ok.

Thank you! Can you provide some test data that we could incorporate into our
unit tests?

> friendmanchisquare() still lacks from tie handling. This does not affect
> to test reliability, but it does affect to the test power. I can prepare
> a patch for that too.

That would be excellent.

> Unintentinaly I have changed the type of the ticket from review to
> defect. Is it right because it is a defect, or should we change it again
> to review?

I changed it back to "review" to help me keep track of all of the review
activities. Reviewing is kind of a melange of finding defects, writing
enhancements, and doing non-coding tasks, so I made it its own category.

> Should I have filed the patch anywhere else?

Nope, that was just the right place.

> Can you create a user for me in trac? I hope I can help developing in
> future.

I'm looking into allowing users to register themselves. At the moment, I think
the user list is tied to SVN write access. OTOH, if you keep the quality patches
coming, I'm sure we'll give you that, too.

Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco