[SciPy-dev] Period table?

Tim Leslie tim.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:05:32 CST 2006

On 12/22/06, Adam Curtis <adamadamadamamiadam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Register for the www.scipy.org wiki and make a page describing your code.
> > Add it to the page as an attachment. When we've seen the code and hashed
> > out the design a little bit, then we'll talk about putting it in the
> > Subversion repository.
> Alright... the page is up on the wiki.
> Link: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/wiki/PeriodicTable

Thanks for putting that up Adam. It all looks pretty good so far, but
the following caught my eye:

* All temperatures should be in Celsius. Conversions will be performed
by methods (or a package in scipy, if scipy has a unit conversion

Would it not be better to work in units of Kelvin? In my experience
Kelvin is used more often than Celcius in scientific work. What do
others think?