[SciPy-dev] undefined symbol errors in scipy svn

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:19:09 CST 2006

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>> I don't see this with the latest numpy and scipy. OS X 10.4, gcc  3.3,
>> g77 3.4.
>> The arguments you are missing are "-undefined dynamic_lookup -
>> bundle". Look at
>> line 67 of numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py for where it ought to  be
>> set.
> Thanks Robert,
> It seems the problem came when I was trying to do a static build (I
> assume I am doing this right):
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib python setup.py build
> If I remove the LDFLAGS variable from the call, it builds fine.

That's probably a bug in numpy.distutils, and probably the part that I wrote for
OS X support. I'll look into it. Note that you can add link flags like this
directly to build_ext:

python setup.py build_ext --library-dirs=/usr/local/lib:/some/other/lib build

Hopefully, that's not going to interfere with any other settings.

Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter