[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core ???

Fonnesbeck, Chris Chris.Fonnesbeck at MyFWC.com
Sun Jan 1 17:37:57 CST 2006

On 1/1/06 6:32 PM, "Charles R Harris" <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would rather replace sci by numpy and then use ndarray in the package. Sci
> doesn't tell me the these are array utilities. Neither does numpy, really, but
> it has a history...

If we want an informative name, how about "arrayutils"?

I still like "numpy" though, both because of the connection to the packages
it is replacing, and because it matches the form of "scipy"

Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia