[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core: winner is *numerix*

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Jan 3 18:06:00 CST 2006

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Philip Austin wrote:
>>Gary Ruben writes:
>>>I don't know what trademark problems they're referring to, but you might
>>>have to continue looking for a different name.

God, I hate this (but good call, better now than when the cease-and-desist
letter arrives, probably straight to Enthought's offices [lawyers will always
go first for a company rather than an individual, chasing the smell of money]).

I suck at names, I've said it before.  Best I can do:

   mantis: multidimensional arrays, numerics and tables in science

I really don't like 'cute' names for functional tools, but I fail to find
anything better in the 'array lab numerics' direction.