[SciPy-dev] [Slightly OT] Karl Fogel's “Producing Open Source Software”

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jan 8 10:50:46 CST 2006

Hi all,

a few months ago, Robert Kern recommended this book:

Producing Open Source Software
How to Run a Successful Free Software Project
By Karl Fogel

and I've found it to be a very useful collection of tips and ideas regarding
the running of an OSS project.  A groklaw.net review came out today

which made me think this might be of interest to some in our group.  While I
think that scipy in general is running great, there are many good ideas in
that book in terms of things to keep in mind to make the environment around a
project operate better.

Back to your regularly scheduled namespace discussions :)