[SciPy-dev] ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: Another segfault

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Mar 3 17:47:26 CST 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:

I was able to reproduce the problem.   Several issues.  Basically, the
error-handling in certain segments of _superlu module was bad (things
being called that shouldn't be called and a couple of missing checks for

Then the error that was being caught badly was a result of a corner-case
incompatibility in the PyArray_CopyFromObject function which I've fixed
in NumPy now.

So, now I'm not getting segfaults (but still errors that I'm trying to
figure out).

Thanks very much for the tests.