[SciPy-dev] Docstrings patches

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:58:40 CDT 2006

Greg Willden wrote:
> Hi All,
> I submitted a patch in a ticket a few weeks ago that would add the
> flattop window to signaltools.py as well as add some helpful docstrings.
> I see that the window function was added but the docstring changes were
> not.
> Was this intentional or accidental?

Stefan wasn't too keen on adding the cross-references to all of the window
functions. From his comment:

"""Is it practical to add a "See also:" sections to each window function? Every
time we add a new window function, we have to add the name in 15 places."""

I think I agree in this case. A more useful thing to do would be to state that
one can find a list of the other window functions in the scipy.signal docstring.

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco