[SciPy-dev] BVP solver and dependence on Fortran 90/95

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Apr 23 11:57:13 CDT 2007

Neilen Marais wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:31:16 -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
>> John Travers wrote:
>>> My question is: what is the policy on scipy modules depending on
>>> Fortran 90/95 code. There currently doesn't appear to be any in the
>>> repository. However with the availability of gfortran now broadening
>>> and the fact that most (all?) commercial compilers now have full
>>> support, is it any longer a problem (putting aside f2py support)?
>> Personally, I still don't trust gfortran to be non-buggy.
> But presumably those willing to take the risk should be able to use f90/95
> modules?

Well, when you can make installing a subpackage of scipy optional, I'm more than
happy to do that. Until then, keep it in the sandbox or in scikits.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco