[SciPy-dev] Possible bug in scipy.stats.kurtosistest()

Tue Apr 24 16:07:50 CDT 2007

On 24/04/07, Rudolph van der Merwe <rudolph@ska.ac.za> wrote:
> I think I found a bug in the kurtosistest function in the scipy.stats
> module. The relevant file is scipy/stats/stats.py

You're probably right; the statistics tools are in desperate need of review.

In fact, from your nice detailed descrpition, I'm quite convinced
there is a bug.

> Is there a more formal way of filing this bug than posting a message
> on this forum?

There is the scipy Trac bug tracker. I'm afraid you have to log in to
report bugs. I've filed this one for you, at

Thank you for letting us know!

Anne M. Archibald