[SciPy-dev] change scipy.optimize function signatures?? FEEDBACK NEEDED!! (ticket 285)

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri Jul 20 12:23:32 CDT 2007

OK, I need to finalize the decision on this.
Here are the current alternatives.

1. Implement the patch attached to the ticket.
   (I dislike this, as discussed earlier.)
2. Change nothing (ticket becomes "won't fix")
   (I am ok with this.)
3. Move the brent `code` into a `Brent` class.
   The `brent` function (with unchanged signature)
   remains as a convenient user interface to the `Brent`
   class, which can be used directly when more refined
   control is needed.  The class will include bracketing
   parameters as a response to the ticket.
   (I think this is best.)

Alan Isaac