[SciPy-dev] inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation in numpy\distutils\log.py

Berthold Höllmann berthold.hoellmann@gl-group....
Fri Mar 16 11:51:07 CDT 2007

Calling my setup script with the -tt option to python I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 24, in ?
    from numpy.distutils.core import setup
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\__init__.py", line 5, in ?
    import ccompiler
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\ccompiler.py", line 11, in ?
    import log
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\log.py", line 7, in ?
    from misc_util import red_text, yellow_text, cyan_text, is_sequence, is_string
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 975
    import numpy.numarray.util as nnu
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I would report this as bug, but numpy.scipy.org shows only the fedora
apache default screen.

This is numpy 1.0.1

Kind regards

Berthold Höllmann
Germanischer Lloyd AG
CAE Development
Vorsetzen 35
20459 Hamburg
Phone: +49(0)40 36149-7374
Fax: +49(0)40 36149-7320
e-mail: berthold.hoellmann@gl-group.com
Internet: http://www.gl-group.com

This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as total or partial copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.

Germanischer Lloyd AG, 31393 AG HH, Hamburg, Vorstand: Dr. Hermann J. Klein, Rainer Schöndube, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Wolfgang Peiner