[SciPy-dev] Illegal instruction in ndimage test

Fri Oct 19 03:24:28 CDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> This is not very different from the Numpy API interface. You have an
> array of void* that contains your functions, and then you define
> macros that use this array with a cast to get the real function. Here,
> it seems that there is no array, but the result is identical (but it
> shouldn't redefine an already defined function :|)
Yes, sure, arrays of function pointers are nothing unusual. But for some
time, I was really wondering how could a preprocessor symbol refer to
itself (it did not, it was just a function). I still do not understand
how a function pointer can generate invalid opcode (the error message
seems to appear only with gcc 4.2, not with 4.1, which is still really
common), though.