[SciPy-dev] [scikits] openopt SVN instable for the moment

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Wed Apr 9 03:57:25 CDT 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:28 AM, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org> wrote:
>> Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>>  > That's what test are made for. I think you should read Test-Driven
>>  > Development from Kent Beck as well as Refactoring to Patterns from
>>  > Martin Fowler. Tests are what you are looking forr to automacally
>>  > check that the solvers are in a clean state.
>>  Unittests are mentioned in my GSoC application.
>>  http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OOTimeLine
> It seems to me that if your timeline starts in May and your 'writing
> unittests' line item is listed in August after the 'pencils down'
> mark, perhaps test-driven development isn't exactly what you have in
> mind...  But I could well be missing something, it's late and I'm
> tired.
> Cheers,
Alan G Isaac said me the same.
As well as I had answered to him, it's not my idea of moving unittests
to GSoC end.
It's GSoC schedule chapter:
August 11: */Suggested/* 'pencils down' date. Take a week to scrub code,
write tests, improve documentation, etc.

Regards, D.