[SciPy-dev] Add bz2 support to io.mmio [not tested] <--

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Thu Apr 10 10:41:54 CDT 2008

On Thu, April 10, 2008 3:01 pm, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> Pearu,
> Why do checkins like these even happen?
> 04:03 Changeset [4125] by pearu
>     Add bz2 support to io.mmio [not tested]
> I appreciate that you labelled the test deficiency, but what now?  Are
> you going to add the test, or was the message meant as a reminder to
> someone else?

Have you followed the thread

? The changeset is there because a user asked a feature. Adding
this feature was trivial, testing it is not so because it requires certain
input that I don't have at hand. There is a request for the user to check
if the feature works.

I don't see harm in such patches, it does not break anything,
and there is potential user who can confirm if the feature works or not.